| Employer: || Franklin Templeton Investments |
| Job Ref No: ||
|| Job Title: ||
Sr. Analyst, Investment Performance and Risk
|| Sector: ||
|| Sub Sector: ||
|| Risk Type: ||
|| Expertise: ||
The primary function of this position is to analyze and provide commentary on portfolio performance, characteristics, weights, attribution and risk statistics. This position is a key liaison with other PAIR teams as well as with key clients including Global Advisory Services, Risk Managers/Consultants, Investment Analysts/Managers as well as various compliance and legal teams.
Performance and Risk Analysis
• Review portfolio performance, attribution and risk by analyzing the accuracy and quality of the underlying data.
• Perform data validation, exception processing and security modeling to improve data coverage and to ensure accuracy of reporting.
• Provide commentary for performance, attribution and risk statistics.
• Identify and resolve complex data issues impacting performance, attribution and risk reports.
• Ensure reports are delivered to the appropriate client(s) and/or provided via automated processes to downstream systems by the agreed upon date.
• Create and run non-standard reports and queries.
• Review accounts to ensure inclusion in the proper composite per GIPS and FT policies.
• Review automated validation controls and complete issue resolution process.
• Manage inflow, review and distribution of requests.
• Provide performance and investment risk consulting services to key clients.
• Respond to, both verbally and in writing, risk and performance questions from internal and external sources.
• Prepare and analyze risk and portfolio reports to ensure they meet regulatory and client requirements.
• Ensure department polices, procedures and processes adhere to current GIPS Performance Presentation Standards.
Represent functional team and lead project activities.
Remain current on performance related trends, topics and issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 or more years relevant work experience in the Mutual Fund/Financial Services Industry.
- Experience developing an effective portfolio and/or investment risk/performance management process.
- Advanced level understanding of statistical theory and/or financial instruments and markets.
- Experience using financial/risk application/software.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, math or other quantitative discipline.
- MBA or Master's degree in finance, math or other quantitative discipline.
- Progress towards CFA, FRM or CIPM.
- Investment performance, investment operations or fund accounting experience.
- Experience communicating complex financial topics to laypersons.
- Programming skills in PERL, SQL or another current language.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of statistical calculations
- Advanced knowledge of financial instruments and markets
- Advanced knowledge of GIPS Performance Presentation Standards
- Knowledge of source systems for data and ability to verify for accuracy
- Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling and vocabulary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent analytical skills
- Microsoft Office:Access:
- Excel: Advanced
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (or analysis)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to coordinate the work of others
- Ability to maintain updated knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area
- Ability to accurately proofread documents
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
- Recognizes and communicates potential issues impacting the organization
- Effectively applies consultation skills to solve problems independently.
- Makes decisions with limited impact on own work and possibly the work of others.
- Oversees the development of solutions to a variety of business issues and ensures the solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Work is performed under general direction; participates in determining objectives of assignment; work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Provides technical guidance to other department personnel
- May coordinate duties of departmental staff
- Acts as lead to lower level staff
- May supervise non-exempt and exempt staff
DESIRED LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Ability to influence and negotiate within own department and across the organization
- May be required to travel to and from FTI offices
| Region/Country: ||
Europe, Other, Poland
|| City: ||
|| Address: || || Post Date: || 12/28/2012 |